Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Okay, so I'm currently not real pleased with the apparent formatting limitations of my blogger word processor. Every time I use enter for a return, it skips a space, which makes for some airy-looking poetry (see my 1 October haiku). I don't like this, so I'm trying an experiment. I'm going to type that same haiku in Word and try two things: 1) pasting it directly from Word into the blog processor and 2) composing in Word and then using Word's blog publishing function. Let's see how it works.


Night, windy with leaves—
filled with song and beer, I drive
through the dark mountains.


 

All right. That was composed in Word and then posted to the blog via Word's blog-publishing function.

3 Comments:

Blogger mac said...

All right, that one didn't work, but the spaces put between the lines of the haiku aren't as wide as they were in the original post from 1 October. So, it looks like I'll compose in Word and past to "Edit Html." Thanks for your patience.

10/11/2011  
Blogger mac said...

Okay, one more thing. I've now gone back into the mode of editing the post and removed some of the html tags that seemed to be causing the spacing problem. Now the spacing problem is gone.

Can I write Word in italics here?

10/11/2011  
Blogger mac said...

Oooh, I did it!

10/11/2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home