Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

What Was the Question?

"That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the —— it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is part of that." — Governor Sarah Palin in response to a question about helping out the middle class rather than bailing out the financial institutions

Seriously?

6 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

That was almost as good as some of Obama's answers. Wait...he hasn't answered the questions either.

Ron Paul for president! Dang...he's out.

I have this scary feeling...King George is going to somehow declare himself ruler of all before Nov. 4 and all these candidates will be just a memory.

10/05/2008  
Blogger mac said...

I've suspected King George of such--or should I say Minister Cheney--for some time.

10/05/2008  
Blogger mac said...

And while I have never doubted you would disagree with every word that comes from Obama's mouth, he has never been so incoherent!

10/05/2008  
Blogger nbta said...

uhh. wwell...uhh..He talks and says very little. When he did his first question and answer at Saddleback, he had a few Palin moments. Yes...I'm not a huge fan of his and I am still wondering why and how he has fans, as well as the other candidates. This is a sad time in America.

10/05/2008  
Blogger mac said...

A sad time? I'm having difficulty believing that it's not the beginning of the end of America.

10/06/2008  
Blogger nbta said...

Scripturally, it seems that we are primed to be at the end of the age. Yet as hard as the times are and will become, the outcome of it all (according to scripture) will bring in the reign of Christ. Not sure how many of us will make it through before He comes...but may we walk in the covering of His mercy, grace, and love.

10/06/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home