Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, November 03, 2006

New Orleans II

The Napoleon House -- a restaurant (or the building, at least) supposedly on this site since the 1790s. A group went here for lunch today. The food was more reasonably priced than they expected and not as good as they'd hoped.

I'm tired and fuzzy-minded after a long day. Two conference sessions took place this morning. After walking around for a while in the noon hour, I ate lunch at a little place called Mena's House (I think). I had a fried shrimp Po' Boy Sandwich and a couple of beers. I chaired the session after lunch. Then there was the society business meeting, the keynote address and a bar and buffet. For an hour or so a friend and I walked around the Bourbon Street area. There's still a lot of beautiful sin around here.

I, however, remain chaste.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. New Orleans isn't all sin--it has soul, too!

11/03/2006  
Blogger mac said...

I agree. It has great soul and energy. After a long day of conferencing, however, I soaked up what soul I could, but the rest was a little too energetic for me!

11/03/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get a chance to hear some good music while you're there. Enjoy.

11/04/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home