Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

My 45

The single was released on 22 April 1983 by Zoo York Records. It had "Fiesta" in English on one side and "Fiesta" in Spanish on the other. The translation was done by a friend who taught Spanish, but it might have been too much "school" Spanish. Only God and real Spanish speakers know what sorts of things the translated lyric said!

Recently I was shopping around on Ebay, and entered my name, thinking that I would see if any copies of my book on Charles Brockden Brown were for sale. I was floored when this 23-year-old record showed up. I bought it for $2.99 + S&H (which was more than $2.99). Since then, I've seen it on Ebay lots of times, most recently for almost $20 from a record shop in England.

Who's been holding on to these things for so long? And WHY?!?


246.4

3 Comments:

Blogger quig said...

High quality, good singer....people save stuff.... glad you got it for the lesser of those two prices.... now, hang on to it for many, many years....

10/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cool...I'd pay $2.99 for it. Now $20.00 is a bit high but I'm sure someone out there is willing to pay that price! Now...why wouldn't you hold on to a masterpiece?

10/22/2006  
Blogger Dennis and Marie said...

I hope you will transfer it to a CD so we can all hear it!

10/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home