Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2 Songs

"Christmas Time" -- 'Tis the season . . . still!

"Somebody, Somewhere" -- by request.


Here's a tidbit from the Writer's Almanac for this date:

It's the birthday of writer William Scott, (books by this author) born in Janesville, Wisconsin (1914) author of The Plowhand (1957), Red Sunrise (1958), and the poetry collection On My Knees in the Field (1977), who wrote late at night after working all day on his small, 80-acre farm in southern Wisconsin.

I think that last bit suggests the level of commitment I need to dig deep and find if I really want to write.


255

5 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

Good to hear!

1/02/2008  
Blogger Dennis and Marie said...

Hi Michael,
Thank you for two beautiful songs. I still can't believe that I know some one with your talent. I look forward to every occasion when I know I will hear you sing and play.
Dennis

1/04/2008  
Blogger mac said...

Dennis, I'll bring my guitar to your next gathering, as promised. If Mark were there so that we could do some of the old stuff, that would be fun too. Maybe one of these days.

1/04/2008  
Blogger nbta said...

That would be fun!

1/04/2008  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

You better video tape for me if you two do sing and play together!!! I want to hear it also.

1/05/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home