Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

49


My birthday was fairly calm and fairly quiet. I got up early and made some music for worship and attended Sunday School at Cherokee. My little family then went out for lunch at Chili's. I took a nap in the early afternoon and then read for awhile--Susan Power's The Grass Dancer. My son and I went to Barberitos for supper. Back at Cherokee in the evening, I made some more music with the instrumental ensemble. Then I got my favorite Ben and Jerry's ice cream--Chubby Hubby--and went home, where I watched a little television and went to bed.

I got a card from my wife and son and several live birthday wishes from friends at church. I got a couple of birthday wishes from friends on my blog and a couple via email--from my older son and a friend in Knoxville.

It wasn't a spectacular birthday, but they can't all be. It was okay. It was just fine. Maybe that's the nature of these -9 birthdays. It's the next one--50--that's already getting all the attention.

4 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

Happy Birthday Doctor Cody!

May the Lord continue to bless you, your family, your work, and all those you serve.

I love you my brother.

11/25/2007  
Blogger quig said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

11/25/2007  
Blogger mac said...

Thanks, guys. I appreciate you and your birthday wishes.

11/26/2007  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

Happy Birthday Michael..Ahhh, to be 49 again..Wait til next year!!

11/26/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home