Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Beauty in Troubled Places






Iraq















Afghanistan











Myanmar






Pakistan










Iran








Darfur

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth W. said...

beauty is everywhere, just to bad we all can't take a step back, look around, and see and enjoy it without destroying it!!

11/15/2007  
Blogger quig said...

For whatever reason, this bolo, your blog reminded me of the song Bridge over Troubled Waters.... Thanks, I think....

11/16/2007  
Blogger quig said...

not bolo, blog.... Be on the lookout for a Bridge over Troubled Waters..... I babble, I apoligize...

11/16/2007  
Blogger nbta said...

God does do good work! Too bad we keep screwing it up.

11/16/2007  
Blogger mac said...

It's amazing that these creations stand in the beauty God gave them, while under the same sky we're blowing some people up and allowing others to starve.

11/17/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home