Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Serio-comic

Yesterday's post was serious. Today's about a related issue is comic. Sorry for the waffling.

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/index.jhtml?ml_video=92042

5 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

The guys at Comedy Central are way to liberal for me...but they do come up with some funny stuff!

10/15/2007  
Blogger mac said...

My favorite line--and seemingly the favorite of the audience--is the singer's "That's not how gay works."

10/16/2007  
Blogger mac said...

For better or worse, I've stopped thinking in terms of liberal and conservative, right-wing and left-wing. All sides have their good points and their down-in-the-dirt stupidity, their moments of positive impact and their basest wickedness. I'm trying to navigate this world as much as I can by what feels right and wrong according to my beliefs, and nobody, no policitical or economic ideology, has cornered the market as far as I'm concerned.

10/16/2007  
Blogger nbta said...

I agree with you on the good points and down-in-the-dirt stupidity of all parties. It's just easier to use the terms to generalize. I just usually stay away from all the comedy shows and comedians because usually they just take things too far...and I really don't need it running through my brain! I have enough trouble trying to follow Jesus.

10/16/2007  
Blogger mac said...

Points well taken!

10/16/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home