Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Why the Attention?

Seriously, why are these characters famous? I don't like to think of the notion of useless people, but . . .



She's been to rehab (more than once, I think.
She's going to work two days in a morgue and two days in an ER as part of her sentence for midemeanor drunken driving and cocaine charges.
She's spent 84 minutes in jail as part of her plea deal.




































I tried to come up with a guy to go along with the gals, but none came immediately to mind. Well, one came to mind. I mean, I know one reason why he's famous, but . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

The first three are famous because they look good, they are rich, and most men like to look and hear about girls who are a bit ditsy and naughty.

The 4th one is famous because he was appointed by God for this time. Now if we make it to the next elected (appointed) master, I'm sure God is going to give us what we deserve...and her/his face should be the last we will have to remember for tests on naming Presidents of the USA.

1/18/2008  
Blogger Roz Raymond Gann said...

The fourth person is not as pretty as the others.

Also: Dr. Quig should avoid using the term "boob" as a synonym for "dunce." It is insulting. Boobs are a good thing.

1/18/2008  
Blogger quig said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/21/2008  
Blogger quig said...

Hey Dr. Gann - check out this:

From the Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary.

boobs
4 entries found.

boob[1,noun]boob[2,noun]boob[3,intransitive verb]boob[4,noun]

Main Entry: 1boob
Pronunciation: \ˈbüb\
Function: noun
Etymology: short for 1booby
Date: 1907
1 : a stupid awkward person : simpleton
2 : boor philistine

I wasn't using as a synonym for anything except as it is defind, a stupid awkward person.

Cheers, John

1/21/2008  
Blogger nbta said...

I'm with Dr. Gann...Boobs are a good thing.

1/21/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home