Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day


I know that Sunday was Father's Day, but I was in Maine while my boys (and granddaughters) were at home. I talked to them all--except for Eden, who can't talk yet. Yesterday, however, was the celebration. I received a wonderful Father's Day card from South Carolina.


My younger son and I spent the day at the movie theater. Literally. Okay, I paid for everything, but it was his idea. First stop: Barberitos, a favorite of ours. Then we drove up to Bristol, Virginia, to Tinseltown, a group of theaters with great sound systems, wide screens and stadium seating. We went to the 2:55 showing of The Happening, the 4:30 showing of The Incredible Hulk and the 6:50 showing of Iron Man. Afterwards, we stopped at Pal's for supper and drove home. What did we do when we got here? Watched a movie, of course: Semi-Pro.


It was a good day.


More on Maine soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

Very nice...I painted walls on Father's Day.

6/18/2008  
Blogger mac said...

Take a day as soon as you have a chance, buddy.

6/18/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home