Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cagle's Cartoons


Biden on Cagle
CBS News quotes Joe Biden talking about my last cartoon today:

(LANCASTER, OHIO) - Joe Biden says an editorial cartoon he saw in a local newspaper best summarized his feelings about the McCain campaign's negative attacks on Barack Obama.

The cartoon, drawn by Daryl Cagle, appeared in the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette today.

"There's a cartoon, I don't know if you guys saw this," said Biden at a rally at Ohio University, "It's John McCain and Sarah Palin standing on the corner of a building that has on the bottom corner written 'BANK.' And it has a group of people, businessmen dressed in suits standing on the ledge, some of them jumping off into the street. And it has Sarah Palin saying to John McCain, "You know, Barack Obama pals around with terrorists, you know?"

"I think it best captures anything I have seen," declared Biden.

"While the economy is going to hell in a handbasket, while people are losing their jobs, while things are going under, they're running the most scurrilous campaign in modern history trying to tie a decent honorable man raised by his grandparents and his mother who worked his way up -- who fought in a way that few people have to fight to make something of himself."
Cagle Post. "CalgePost: Biden on Cagle." E-mail to the author. 16 Oct. 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

Pretty funny cartoon. I guess we'll eventually find out what the truth really is.

I'm choosing for the first time ever not to vote this time for a president. But I certainly will cast my vote to hopefully get those other A....... out of Washington.

10/16/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home