Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Homecoming

A little video I made some years ago for "Homecoming."

5 Comments:

Blogger quig said...

bless you Michael for sharing....

6/13/2009  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

loved it Michael...

6/13/2009  
Blogger nbta said...

That's cool...you need to make more videos of your songs!

6/14/2009  
Blogger Bo said...

Inspirational...keep it up!

6/15/2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, Michael, you made me cry as I watched the coop go by, watched as the barn at the old house on Big Ivy went by, and many other places I recognize (or thought I did ). Very powerful video, and one of your best songs, which is saying a lot, cause it has some stiff competition. Well done, my friend, every now and then I like to feel those feelings, they are real, you know. Thanks for this one. Jim

6/26/2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home