Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

U2charist @ Cherokee

Songlist for the U2charist coming up on 15 November at Cherokee United Methodist Church:

"Beautiful Day"
"Pride (In the Name of Love)"
"Yahweh"
"Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own"
"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
"Magnificent"
"One"
"40"
"Where the Streets Have No Name"

5 Comments:

Blogger nbta said...

So U2's coming?! Must be nice.

11/05/2009  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

Wish I could be there to see it, any chances your going to record this?

11/05/2009  
Blogger mac said...

Mark--I wish! No, U2's not coming. Our band is playing the songs.

Ruth--I think we'll have a video recording of the event (or at least the songs). Whether or not the recording will be worth watching is another question altogether.

11/05/2009  
Blogger quig said...

I would like to see that video!!

11/06/2009  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

me too!!!!

11/06/2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home