Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Blue Friday

A gray and rainy Friday morning. Things need doing at the office, but I resist leaving the house. My to-do list is just a string of this and that and this and that, and I don't feel like doing any of it. By the end of the day, I need to deliver myself to my mother's house in North Carolina, where I'll spend the weekend helping out with groceries and keeping company and such. But I have a lot to do between now and then, between here and there.

Enough about me.

The world is off balance and seems not to notice.

Friends are bravely facing illness at home and in the hospital.

Outside . . . birdsong in the rain!

2 Comments:

Blogger quig said...

those birds, they have the right idea!! safe passage Michael..

3/16/2007  
Blogger Roz Raymond Gann said...

Coming back to the States, I share your problem. Sometimes, we're so "busy" we don't think. Remember those people who went around mumbling "Busy, busy" in Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse Five?

3/17/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home