Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Vacation



I'm in Fayetteville, North Carolina, again, visiting with son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. I didn't take the picture posted to the left, but I did see this sight yesterday (or the day before).

Anyway, I've been on vacation with the family. We went through Columbia (by the University of South Carolina, where I got my Ph.D.) to Charleston, where we ate some good seafood, visited Fort Sumter and saw Night at the Museum at the IMAX theater. After two nights there, we came to Fayetteville for two nights. Today we travel home.

More later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dennis and Marie said...

I hope you had a great time! Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.
Dennis

3/09/2007  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

OK, maybe I'm a coward, but there is no way I'm jumping out of a plane!!! It takes all my courage to just get into the plane.

God bless those who are willing to jump out of them..

3/09/2007  
Blogger quig said...

Sounds like a really nice trip.... see you soon...

3/10/2007  
Blogger nbta said...

Travelin' mercies! Glad you got away for awhile.

3/10/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home