Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Back in the Day

The picture is from the days of the Cody band--we never did come up with a better name. I don't recognize the stage or that shiny jacket I'm wearing, but I'm guessing this is sometime between 1988 and 1991. Mark (far right) found the picture, scanned it and sent it to me. (Thanks, Mark!)

Left to right: Gene (guitar), Danny (bass), Steve (drums), yours truly, Mark (guitar). It was a darn good band.


5 Comments:

Blogger Dennis and Marie said...

Great Picture. I wish I had pictures of me when I had hair down to my shoulders!
Dennis

11/07/2008  
Blogger nbta said...

So Dennis...you had hair?!

11/07/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twas a "darn good band" for sure. I was mighty impressed when I saw them at 45 Cherry St. in Asheville, I believe "Fresh Horses" and "Rain on the River" were two of the tunes I remember rocked me right. Good days, my friend. Good days.

11/13/2008  
Blogger Ruth W. said...

your fans want a reunion concert!!

11/13/2008  
Blogger mac said...

Thanks, Anonymous, you have an excellent memory!

11/14/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home