Writing Life

A periodic record of thoughts and life as these happen via the various roles I play: individual, husband, father, grandfather, son, brother (brother-in-law), writer, university professor and others.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I was born on Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina, then lived a while in Fayetteville, North Carolina, before moving, at the age of 5, to Walnut, NC. I graduated from Madison High School in 1977. After a brief time in college, I spent the most of the 1980s in Nashville, Tennessee, working as a songwriter and playing in a band. I spent most of the 1990s in school and now teach at a university in Tennessee. My household includes wife and son and cat. In South Carolina I have a son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters.

Friday, July 09, 2010

U2charist #3

On Saturday evening at 7:30, APB (Arise Praise Band) will offer a third U2charist. Like the ill-fated one on 30 January--ill-fated but fun!--this one will take place at Nelson's Fine Art Gallery downtown in Johnson City. The band is practiced up and ready with the following set list:

MLK
New Year's Day
With or Without You
Mysterious Ways
Moment of Surrender
Beautiful Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Yahweh
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Magnificent
One
40
Where the Streets Have No Name

Randy Frye, DS of the Johnson City District of the Holston Conference of the UMC, will deliver a brief homily and lead the Eucharist portion of the event (aided in the latter by Madonna Flanders).

It'll be fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth W. said...

wished I could be there again to hear it.

7/09/2010  
Blogger mac said...

I wish the same, Ruth.

7/09/2010  
Blogger mac said...

U2charist went well, but it's unlikely that there'll be another. Glad you got to be there in January, Ruth.

7/11/2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home